Monday, April 16, 2012

Do you do Every Day Counts Math?

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with 4 comments
Hey everyone!  I was wondering if your school does Every Day Counts Math and if it is part of your math class or another time in the day?  We have to make time to fit it in but I feel that it is so important!  It helps students to review so many basic skills that they need in their daily math work.  So, for anyone out there who may/may not teach this, how does it work for you or what do you do to be sure your students are remembering these vital skills?



4 comments:

  1. I use to do this everyday when I was in the classroom. The hardest thing was keeping up with changing the skill level. Students would master skills faster than I could swap! Lots of fun and a very easy routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do something similar with my 3rd graders called a "math meeting". They enjoy the review of schools, and I feel it is very helpful for them. I am a new follower. I found your blog through the TN giveaway. Your report card resource looks fabulous.

    Stop by and visit when you get a chance.
    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Every day Counts calendar math in my Pre-K classroom. We just starting using it this year, so far I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used it and found the students didn't really listen unless participating, and were great at watching and letting others do the work. So I added slates and markers or other ways to involve all the students. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!