Monday, July 01, 2013

July Currently

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with 8 comments
Hey everybody!  Wow!  June has sure flown by!  I am now looking forward to more summer fun sprinkled with some meetings in between.  I'll be attending sessions about Common Core Math, Common Core Reading, Literacy Leadership, and Educator Effectiveness!  Whew!  I'll be glad to sharpen my CCSS skills while earning some nice $$$ over the summer.  For now, I have linked up with Farley for July's Currently!  Link up if you want to!
 
 

Listening- to my son watch cartoons in the living room.  He is reading at the same time so I am a happy mommy!  I have been all over the web looking for ideas for summer fun to keep a six-year-old boy occupied!  I am soooo loving the time I have with him and I love that he still gives me hugs and kisses all day long!!!
 
Loving- the mountain view from my new home!  Today is overcast and the clouds have rolled in over the farm across the street.  I am mesmerized by the way the clouds cast shadows on the grass while the hawks soar above.  I work in a busy town but when I come home, it is all relaxation!
 
Thinking- that the month of July means August is right around the corner.  This means I have a lot to get done for my fifth grade classroom.  ALOT!  I haven't even decided on a theme for this year.  Hmmm, I may need to spend all summer a few days browsing Pinterest for the perfect colors/theme for my room.
 
Wanting- a personal assistant to copy, cut, and laminate for me.  I mean, a person that did that would make tons of money!!!  Just think of all of the work a paid assistant could do for you in the classroom.  Hey, Paul Edelman was successful with TpT...perhaps my business would be called, "TeachersPayPersonalAssistants" or TPPT for short!  Okay, a gal can dream, right?!? ;-)
 
Needing- time with my friends to relax while school is out for summer.  Why do my "regular" friends have to have jobs?  I want to call them up to go swim or take a trip to the beach only to realize they are working!  BLAH!  My teacher friends and I have had a bit of fun but I still have more of them to see!  Tomorrow, I am hoping to go see my bestie and toss around ideas we have for new TpT resources.
 
Tips, Tricks, and Hints- Take pictures of everything!  It will make for a great blog post later!  If you are like those students in class who have no idea of what to write about, you will  have instant inspiration from a picture!  I feel like I never have enough room to blog about what I want!  I am constantly going into my phone finding photos that I never got to post!  Everyone loves a good picture.  Here is one I recently took of my dog, Sienna...can you caption it?  I wonder what she is thinking?  Leave your caption in the comments! 
 

 
Lots of Love and Summer Hugs,

 

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your Currently! I live near the mountains too and love waking up to them each day. I've missed them when I haven't been nearby.

    I totally agree with the pictures! I just started my blog last month and found that a picture is really necessary :).

    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody,
      We need to start a club for people who live near the mountains! LOL! There is something so serene about gazing at them every day! I hope some folks will venture over to your new blog and give you some LOVE!

      Hugs,
      Leanne

      Delete
  2. Hi Leanne,
    Your dog is adorable!! I found you on the Currently link!y! I LOVE your idea to hire a personal assistant! I have so much to print out, cut, and laminate and I am not looking forward to it!!! It would be nice to have a little help :)
    Your newest follower,
    Jamie
    www.kindergartenfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie,

      Maybe my dog can become my personal assistant?!? Hehehehe! She can't talk and loves me even when I'm grouchy...sounds like a perfect fit! In all seriousness, I think someone could get paid decent money to be a teacher's personal assistant! I would do anything for an extra set of hands when cutting out laminating or using the glue gun to hang classroom décor. :) Thanks for following me! I'll head over to your blog now...
      Hugs,
      Leanne

      Delete
  3. Hi Leanne,
    I love your blog design, especially the notebook paper background. I think your dog is volunteering to be your personal assistant. Do you think you can teach him to laminate and use scissors? I LOVE taking pictures of lessons because it not only helps me with my blog posts, but also helps me remember what I did to make a lesson go well. It also helps me look back at how students were thinking and what types of strategies they were using to solve problems.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara,
      I take pictures of lessons as well. I still have to find time to put them up on my blog! Lately, I have even taken pictures at workshops to remember what the speaker shared. Seeing a picture is much better than glancing over notes. With the popularity of cameras on smart phones, you don't interrupt the speaker and you can capture the entire presentation on your phone! BTW, I think having my dog as my assistant is a wonderful idea! ;-)
      Hugs,
      Leanne

      Delete
  4. Hi Leanne,
    This is your bestie here...I think that Sienna is thinking when are your going to see Aunt Sharon...lol? She looks adorable in that pic. Hey, I could be your personal assistant...Hope to see you at some point today. The July Currently looks lovely.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. An efficient website designs outcome through experience and understanding of deep knowledge of web designing and business services oriented web design enhances website visibility in search engine.
    Hire Personal Assistant

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!