Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year, New Thoughts...

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with 1 comment
   
So, the new year is well under way and I have been reflecting on what I'd like to accomplish this year.
First, I would like to continue losing weight!  Unfortunately, I had to have some painful dental work done and it has forced me to eat foods that are soft.  After eating soup, yogurt, protein shakes, and more of the like, I have lost 6 lbs.!!!  It wasn't easy giving up those yummy chips but I have found it pretty easy to do after a week or two.  My favorite healthy drinks are made by Bolthouse Farms

 
The one above is Vanilla Chai and it is soooo good over ice!
 

This one is Mocha Cappuccino for those who love coffee like I do!
 
 

The rest are fruity and if you "drink the rainbow", you will get antioxidants and other vitamins and minerals you need.
  

Another goal for this year is to keep making resources for TpT.  I have never had so much fun sharing ideas for the classroom with others!  Every time I get feedback, it is like Christmas morning!  I can't wait to see what people think about my ideas and resources!  Of course, I like to check out other TpTers to find out what cool products they are offering as well.  I like to stock my cabinet with a variety of materials. 

Here is a popular one of mine for January if you are looking to add to your files!
 
 
Another resource that primary teachers like from my store is this one, too!  I have heard students can't wait to use these each month!
 
  
I am working on finding more time to be with family this year because they are sooo important to me!  They encourage me to reach my goals and are there with hugs when I do!  I couldn't be more thankful for my husband, Chris, to whom I've been married for over ten years.  I am so thankful for my son, Sebastian, who is halfway through Kindergarten and rocking out with learning!!!  Our family may be small but they are just what I need.
 

My last goal is to use more technology in the classroom.  A favorite site of mine to use is www.havefunteaching.com where they have tons of songs for learning at different ages.  My fifth graders and I enjoyed this one the other day and we happened to find it on YouTube! 


 
I hope you are setting goals for yourself this year!  I'd love to hear them if you have a minute!  Best wishes for achieving your dreams!  Hugs,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanne,

    Thank you for this post. I teach younger children but my neighbor is in 5th grade and I can help her with learning geometry. My New Year's goal is to have a better year with a brighter outlook on things altogether. Thanks also for the tip on the delicious drinks. I can't wait to try them. Good luck with your weight loss goals.

    The Convenient Teacher"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!