Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What’s a Snowball to You?

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with No comments

So, the other day, I was having a conversation with a bloggy friend from another state and I said, “I am off to get a snowball!”  She was like, “Um, it’s the middle of summer!  What do you mean?”  She really had no idea what a “snowball” was in terms of what I had known for the last 32 years of my life!  I explained that in Maryland, it is shaved ice covered in flavored syrup topped with your choice of marshmallow, ice cream, or peanut butter.  It is served in a styrofoam coffee cup!  There are some variations on the snowball that others know of and I will post them below for you to identify with! LOL!  To a Marylander, a snowball in summer is as ordinary as a trip to the pool on a hot day!  I understand some of you have similar treats such as a sno-cone or an icee but I really have no idea who else in the world shares the summer snowball!  So, please help me out here on my very important quest…do you have snowballs like mine or something else?  What’s a snowball to you?

Maryland’s typical summer snowball (no toppings)

My personal fave… chocolate with marshmallow

Homemade dessert snowball…my grandmother loved these…me?  not so much!

Tastykake’s version!

Mother Nature’s version!

Which one is YOUR version? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

0 Creative Classroom Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!