Sunday, June 17, 2012

I’m Curious…

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with 10 comments
Hey everyone!  I’m curious about what you think of the new poster I made to welcome students back in the fall.  One commenter recently asked for some help with making her students feel comfortable in the beginning of the school year.  I figured so many students love Curious George that I would laminate this poster and place it up as a sharing guide for the class.  I will most likely have students complete an “All About Me” sheet and then bring it to the carpet to share.  We will talk about Curious George and how he wants to get to know them.  I will bring my stuffed George along! :0)  For those who want to share aloud, they can use a plastic microphone I picked up for $1.00 from Target.  For those that don’t want to share, I will tell the class that person’s information will be hanging in the hallway for all to see.  So, I’m curious…what do you think?
photo
microphone

10 comments:

  1. I think it's wicked creative and your students will love it Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! You are so sweet! Speaking of creative, I will be contacting you soon for a new blog design! :0) You rock the creative house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Tanja, alot of them do! There are a few that like to get silly, but they can only have it back once they behave! :0)

      Delete
  4. Super cute Leanne...who drew the monkey? Your NEW or should I say FAMILIAR second graders will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Do you like him? I am hoping my second graders will love it!

      Delete
  5. I like your new blog! Just redesign and new name? No more teaching tales? This is super cute (so was the other..)
    Hope your summer is well!
    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep...redesign and new name (purchased domain, too). I am going to miss my old name but it was time for a change! I miss chatting with you, Ann Marie!!! :0) I have since reduced my QVC addiction! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious George is how I learned to read so I love the poster. It's freakin' awesome! In my attic is an original Curious George stuffed animal that my great grandmother gave me!

    I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my " manly" blog!

    Greg
    Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool! My son is five and loves, loves, loves Curious George! Did you see the pic on here where we took him to the hospital? My son got sick and we HAD to take George to the hospital with us.

      You should hold on to the one your grandmother has. I bet it's worth something! I'd love to see a picture of an original. :)

      I'm headed over to your blog and will be recommending it to a friend who teaches pre-k. Thanks so much for sharing here!

      Delete

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!