Thursday, January 27, 2011

Got snow? We do!

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with No comments
Well, it has been a snowy day here in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S. and finally Maryland has been hit with a decent snowfall. (Perfect timing considering report cards and comments are due this Friday! Yay!) I thought about taking my son out to make a snowman but after contemplating bundling him up just to be outside for 5 minutes, I changed my mind. Instead, we were creative and made a "tiny snowman". We gathered a few handfuls of snow, nature scraps from the deck, and a camera and we made our little snow friend. My 3 year old got a kick out of it and yet, we were warm and dry in the house! Then, I thought, we could do a sequencing activity with homemade pictures! What a great way to incorporate our pictures into a learning activity! I printed the pictures and had my son sequence them and talk about what we did first, second, next, and so on. This would easily work for any class at any grade level. Nearly everyone has a camera in their phone, Ipod Touch, or even at school. So, start snapping pictures and see what you can capture to go along with the latest units you plan to teach. Then, make a creative activity your students will enjoy! Post if you get a chance to try it!

Our "Tiny Snowman"...he was cute until our dog, Sienna, ate the top of the snowman!

0 Creative Classroom Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!