Saturday, January 01, 2011

Comprehension Connections

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with No comments


The book, Comprehension Connections, by Tanny McGregor is a must-have for all elementary school teachers!  This is by far one of the most valuable resources I've used in guided reading.  The book is a quick, easy-read and the lesson plans are ready-to-use!  I love that the think-alouds are written out for you so there is no guesswork!  My students demonstrated great improvement on reading assessment scores after using this resource (and I was teaching a very low group of 4th grade readers).  The students loved the lessons and seemed to want more after I was finished using all of them.  I really hope Tanny publishes a second book as I would purchase it in a snap!

0 Creative Classroom Comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!