Saturday, June 01, 2013

So Much to Say {and a Little Soft Kitty}

Edit Posted by The Wooden Shutter with 2 comments
Wow!  How time flies when you're having fun and ending the school year!  Can you say 10 DAYS?!?  I think I am more excited waking up in the morning now than I was the first week of school!  One of the things that got me SUPER-EXCITED was our 5th Grade Trip to Washington, D.C.!!!  I mean, if the Nation's Capital were in your backyard, I think you'd like it, too!  Anywho, our trip was so much fun! 

I had never seen the Lincoln Memorial before so I dragged my fifth graders up all the steps to take this picture! 
 
This pic was one I took from the bus!  What a view!  We couldn't walk up to The Capitol Building because there had been a Memorial Day concert on the lawn.  It was blocked off to the public.  I really didn't need to get close, though, as you can see from this AMAZING PIC!
 
We didn't know anyone in this pic, but we were really glad to get a view of The Washington Monument.  I can't wait to see how our class photo book of this trip turns out!
 
We stopped over to The Museum of American History next.  Check out the dress Michelle Obama wore to the 2009 Inauguration!  It was absolutely breathtaking! 
 
Her jewelry was SOOO SPARKLY!!! OOOOHHHH!!!  I love the classroom but I sure would enjoy wearing some of this ice!  My fifth grade girls didn't want to leave this exhibit!
 
Did I mention the FABULOUS SHOES that went with the dress?!?  Yep, you read the label right...JIMMY CHOO!!!  Oh, to live the life of a First Lady!
 
We had so much fun on our trip!  I had too many pics to even post here!  I knew it was a success when students left D.C. wearing Abe Lincoln hats, carrying copies of the U.S. Constitution, and eating rainbow sno-cones to beat the heat!  We had so much fun despite the accident that caused the bus to take 3 hours to get to our destination.  Did I mention the train derailment and explosion in Baltimore that closed many of the major roadways on the way home?!?  When things like this happen, I think of my favorite song...
 
Happy End of the School Year/Start of Summer!!!  WOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you see the poster for Soft Kitty?!? I need one for my classroom. We start singing that song when things start getting a little bit hectic.

    Caitlin
    Learning Ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlin!

    Actually, I got the poster from a craft store called Michael's. Do you have one near you? If not, I can send you a link to the store site online. The staff at our school love this so much they got one for the faculty room! Some days, that song is the only thing that helps! LOL! I'll stop by your blog today and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! Remember, this blog is for teachers so respect is expected. Thanks!